Monday, November 26, 2007

My First Blog

So I was pretty slow to catch on to this whole blogging thing. I've been reading enough other blogs though that I thought I was ready to jump on the bandwagon. I hope my posts will be enjoyable and insightful to all those who stumble across this.


So today, I've been listening to the new Radiohead album, "In Rainbows". I'm new to their music but after watching a Jay-Z interview online and hearing him rave about it, I figured I'd check it out. If you haven't already heard, "In Rainbows" is available only online and you decide how much you pay for it. Jay-Z said he paid $50 for it; I paid much less. The idea is a great one though. This revolutionary way of distributing music could put iTunes and Amazon out of business.

Jay-Z is probably my favorite musician. He's got the complete package: intricate lyrics, great delivery, business savvy, and he's an awesome performer. I was so impressed with "American Gangster. And to see how he performed it on VH-1 Storytellers was cool too.

Here's a clip of the Jay-Z interview with Charlie Rose on PBS:

0 comments: