Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope vs. Hype

I am so glad this election is over. I'm so sick of all the political banter especially from people that don't know what they're talking about or from people that don't normally care at all about politics but now that it's the "cool/trendy" thing to do, they're all about it. I voted, but I really didn't feel that either candidate was a good choice for our country. Watching the returns with Ashley last night, I realized that a lot of people don't know anything about the issues and are all just falling for the hype. When a reporter asked why two young women were happy to be at the park in Chicago for Obama's victory speech, they responded "We're just so happy to be a part of history!" Really?!?!?! That's all you've got? No mention of what issues Obama brought to the table that you hope he will address now that he's president or what changes you hope to see? I had a better reason when I stormed the field after NC State beat FSU for the first time back in 1998. Come on people! Anyway, here's a video of my favorite actor/rapper, Mos Def with some of the things he would do as president... notice that not everything he says (tax policy) matches up with what Obama is going to do.



If Mos Def Were President by GOOD Magazine

0 comments: