Friday, May 30, 2008

Do You Remember?


So I was thinking about getting some lunch yesterday, and I remembered this restaurant that we used to have on Kildaire Farm Road in Cary. It wasn't far from where the Goodberry's is now. It was called PD Quix and it was basically Cook Out before Cook Out ever existed. It was glorious. They had awesome burgers that were super juicy. PD Quix also provided me with my first taste of onion rings. Theirs were the best! You top off that meal with one of their hand spun milkshakes and you're set. Whatever happened to that place? As I was listening to the new Wale mixtape this morning, I decided to "google" PD Quix and I found that they still have a couple in some smaller towns down between Fayetteville and Wilmington. This led me to wonder what happened to other great restaurants that we had here in Cary that all of us loved like Coyote Cafe. That place was the BOMB!!! Authentic Mexican food, live music on the weekends, outdoor seating, and TV's showing sports. Can you really beat that? My answer is no. If y'all have other restaurants you miss, post them in the comments section. Let's reminisce like Pete Rock.

2 comments:

Vlazny's said...

PD Quix had the best breakfast too! When Matt was in high school he used to take me there sometimes and get me free food from the girls in the drive through. Coyote Cafe was so good. Mazzio's on Kildaire Farm was really good. We used to have all of our REC soccer banquets there. I miss JackAsstor's too. That's where we all decided to go to VA Beach. "It's ALL GOOD!"

Noel Anderson said...

Dude!!! I actually meant to have Mazzio's in this post. Thanks for catching that. That place was the first place I ever made a "suicide" drink where you put all the soft drinks mixed into one. Jack Astor's is still here and has a new, really good menu, but the funny shirts are gone. Sad.